Thursday, May 15, 2008

Taking a Fall

So yesterday I was leaving one of the group homes from work and I was distracted by one of the people and did not see the uneven pavement. So, of course I fell and twisted my ankle on the uneven pavement. I couldn't get a hold of the human resources people but figured that I should probably go to the ER just to make sure everything was ok. So, we headed to St. Mary's Hospital. After spending about 3 hours in the ER they told us that they weren't worried about my elbow or ankle but wanted to check on the baby to make sure the placenta was where it should be. We headed to OB. The nurse was awesome and explained the monitoring devices. She said that I could have contractions and they would look like a bell curve and if I didn't have six or more in an hour we would be fine. A minute after she told us this we had a contraction, but I couldn't even feel it!! Then, about 20 minutes later the doctor showed up and looked at me. She said everything looked really good and the baby was head down. She ordered an ultrasound to be sure if everything was ok. The ultrasound looked really good. (The picture did not turn out very well, though). We ended up leaving the hospital at about 12:30. So, here are a couple of pictures from the night:



1 comment:

Carol said...

Glad you're okay!!! That's scary taking a fall like that and you're not worried about you, but about the little life inside ya! Glad she's okay, too. (note: I said she!) :]